Chicken and Biscuits is a classic down-home comfort food! Flaky, soft, buttery biscuits are topped with creamy chicken and vegetables for a hearty and delicious meal. Easy to make in a cast iron Dutch Oven or large pot.
1 tablespoon oil
1 medium onion, chopped
3 stalks celery, chopped
1 cup carrots, chopped
1 rotisserie chicken, cut up into bite size pieces
4 cups low sodium chicken broth
2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1 cup frozen peas
1/2 cup heavy cream
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons corn starch
1/4 cup cold water
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsely (optional)
1. Make biscuits ahead of time. Recipe here: Cream of Tartar Biscuits
2. Add oil to heavy pot on medium heat.
3. Add onions and saute for 4 to 5 minutes. Add celery and carrots and cook for a few minutes.
4. Add chicken and cook for about 5 minutes.
5. Add chicken broth, poultry seasoning, Italian seasoning and salt/pepper to taste. Let cook for about 7 minutes. Stir occasionally.
6. Stir in peas and heavy cream.
7. If you need to thicken, combine 2 tablespoons of cornstarch with 1/4 cup of cold water and stir until the chicken mixture has thickened.
8. Cut biscuits in half or into quarters, place in a bowl, cover with the creamy chicken mixture, and top with fresh parsley.
Delicious and easy to make. Modify however you wish.
ENJOY!!! Cheers, Drew Frederic